Friday, April 11, 2014

So its week 2 of the term. Things were a bit crazy the first week with homework and Jesse's brother visiting. We went to Disney Land and an Aquarium where I got some awesome footage of birds diving and swimming under water and river otters swimming. I swear when the float on their back it looks like the move their shoulders to be in front of their chests instead of on the sides.

So related to animation I'll start with the creature class. I managed to do all my work for that class in 2 days and asked Jason for an early critique if he had time. He was able to and I did well for the assignment though I will admit the dragon rig was ridiculously intimidating when I first opened it up.There were several ways to approach the wings (the fingers in the membrane being the most difficult to decide on). This site was essentially my bible on flying ( http://www.brendanbody.co.uk/flight_tutorial/index.html ) . A lot of reading! But all of its awesome, down to them telling us why an owl shot in harry potter is wrong lol. Heres what I submitted for week 1.

Video Reference: http://youtu.be/hXmWcPMcjK8?t=40m31s
The flight over the water was my base for the kind of flight I chose.



So the overall critique was to get a little more curved shapes on the wings in the half way area, and to be aware that the choice in flap will naturally create a size of the dragon in the viewers mind and that my dragon was close in size to an average human.

Intro to Acting
Nick Bruno is my mentor for this class and to be honest the first class/critique was kinda intimidating haha. Hes not mean or anything but hes blunt, honest, and has high standards (as mentors should) but I realized in that moment that I had got too comfortable at AM and needed to get my shit together. He mainly had an issue with my staging so I shot reference footage over and last night I did my blocking pass. Here's what I have.




No comments:

Post a Comment